Seeking to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, Uganda’s sustainable development aspirations are delivered through a number of interlinked strategies and plans, including the UN-Level 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the African Union Agenda 2063 and Uganda’s own National Development Plans and other strategies.
The Government of Uganda proposed a national level annual forum that brings together different partners with interest in sustainable development, to foster mutual learning and help both state and non-state actors to accelerate implementation of the various frameworks. This Platform shall hereafter be referred to as the Uganda Annual Sustainable Development Conference (ASDC-UG).
UNNGOF is pleased to be partnering with the SDG Secretariat for the first SDG Conference which focuses on Uganda’s progress in implementing the SDGs. The conference will facilitate sharing of ideas and good practices at local and national level, and catalyze actions to achieve the 2030 Agenda and the associated SDGs.
The ASDGC-UG 2022 will be conducted under the three sub themes;
- Priorities and financing to Accelerate the 2030 Agenda
- “Leaving No One Behind”: Technology, Data & Evidence for Social Protection
- Local Authorities delivering on the SDG promise.
Key conference objectives;
- To discuss the findings of the National SDG Progress Report- 2021
- To share good practices and innovations to address SDG implementation challenges in the new SDG Roadmap
- To draw national declarations and key messages to be shared at the auspices of the High-Level Political Forum 2022 and the UN General Assembly.
The first Uganda Annual Sustainable Development Goals Conference (ASDGC-UG) will be held from June 16-17, 2022 under the theme, “Building Effective Models to accelerate the SDGs in the Post COVID-19 Era”.
Venue: Kampala Serena Hotel, Conference Center.
The conference will be held in a hybrid format, allowing for both in-person and online participation.
To register for virtual participation, CLICK HERE
You can follow and/or contribute to the conversation on Twitter using the hashtags --> #SDGsUg #UgASDGC22
The conference will also include side events on June 14th and 15th 2022 as pre-conference activities. These events are platforms for the exchange of cutting-edge ideas, experiences and lessons learned in the implementation of 2030 Agenda.
Follow the links below to participate in the side events;
1. GIZ and OPM: Tuesday June 14, 2022.
Topic: "Strengthening Meaningful Participation of the Youth in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Uganda"
2. ISER: Tuesday June 14, 2022 starting at 10:30 am
Topic: “Leaving No One Behind: Best Practices in Data Collection and Usage for Inclusive Implementation of 2030 Agenda’’.
3. UN WOMEN: Wednesday June 15, 2022: 10:30 am
Topic: "Financing for Gender Equality in accelerating implementation of SDGs"
4. International Centre for Transitional Justice (ICTJ): Wednesday 15th June 2022 from 10:30am to 12:00pm
Topic: Enabling peace justice and inclusion for sustainable development: Lessons and insights towards achieving SDG16+
For more information about the Uganda Annual Sustainable Development Goals Conference, click here: https://sdgs.opm.go.ug/sdgs-conference/