We are pleased to present to you the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan for Education Local Expertise Centre Uganda (ELECU).
This plan is their third guiding document since inception in 2010 and is premised on their vision of “a prosperous Uganda where children have access to quality basic education”.
In the 2020-2024 Strategic Plan, ELECU proposes direct implementation aimed at;
- Increasing access to quality Basic Education.
- Enhancing teacher effectiveness in pedagogy, child protection and use of information communication technology.
- Increasing access to quality of skills provision for the youth in technical and vocational institutions.
- Effective community involvement in the promotion of quality basic Education
- Building the institutional capacity of ELECU to make it a leading centre of research and expertise in Education matters.
Founded in 2010, ELECU (a member of UNNGOF) is an NGO that focuses on improving the quality of basic education with a focus on the most marginalized, disadvantaged communities. ELECU programmes address gaps in community participation, literacy and numeracy, vulnerable children and teachers’ capacity and motivation.
ELECU has since its establishment used a combination of technology-enhanced activities as well as the traditional approaches to implement projects aimed at improving the achievement of learning outcomes, especially achievement of literacy and numeracy in primary schools.
Within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and Uganda’s Vision 2040, ELECU will focus on its strength in education and the strong linkages with actors at international, national and decentralized levels.
To get a copy of the Strategic Plan, click HERE
For more information about ELECU, please visit their website www.lec-uganda.org